Congratulations to all our Hockey players who took part in IPT’s throughout the holidays.
1st XI Girls played a Fairmont touring side during the holidays and won 2-1. Player-of-the-match:
The King Edward School from England played a 6-a-side Tournament against our 1st XI Boys. They were a strong unit with 2 England Internationals in their squad. They thoroughly enjoyed their stay and have invited Oakhill to England where they are willing to host us. Thank you to the 1st XI Boys who took part.
Chris Brothers International Hockey Tournament:
A very high standard of Hockey with 10 overseas teams and some of the top Hockey Schools in South Africa.
Girls ended 16 out of 24 having played 7; won 1 drawn 1 and lost 5. Olivia Gardy scoring one of the goals of the tournament.
Boys ended 12 out of 20 having played 6, won 1, drawn won and lost 4. Player of the Festival went to Leo Thesen with the most improved being Brandon Willcocks.
- Mountain Bike: Ben Giliomee came 5th overall and 3rd Junior in the 30 km while Nicola Giliomee was the 3nd Lady and 1st Junior Nina Orzechowski the 4th Lady, and Jason Campbell 17th overall. Brandon Willcocks ended in the top 20 of the 50 km event.
- Road Bike: Harry Maarsingh teaming up with Cameron Taylor won the Tandem category, while other Oakhill competitors were Ben Giliomee 5th in his category; Gabi Orzechowski and Rosey Finn, while Nina Orzechowski came 2nd in the Ladies category and was 1st Junior home. Brandon Willcocks also took part in the 100 km road bike event.
- Xterra: Brandon Willcocks and Nic Cuthbert came in 2nd in the Overall Team event, while Ben Giliomee and his partner won the male relay team event in the Lite. Gabi and Nina Orzechowski did the Full
- Xterra Lite, with Nicola Giliomee coming 3rd in the mixed event; Jason Campbell came 27th overall and Alex Fulford 61st .
- Featherbed Trail run: Nicola and Ben Giliomee, Liam Botha, Nick Cuthbert and Brandon Willcocks all took part with Nick ending 11th overall and Brandon 9th in the night race, an amazing achievement.
- Half Marathon: Nic Cuthbert ran a 1:30: 32.
- Waterfront Rush: Nina Orzechowski came 3rd in the women’s category.
- Paddle: Mikayla Beers was the 1st u16 Girl in the 16km event while Ben Giliomee and his partner Stuart Hyde won the 6km doubles event.
At the end of last term Nina Orzechowski took part in the 24/7 Adventure Trail Run and performed extremely well. As a result she has been sponsored a free entry into this years Eden Duo.
In the Wreck off-road Duathlon:
- Ben Giliomee 1st Junior
- Riaan van Straten and Nicola Giliomee 2nd team
- Kyle Langman 9th male
Tour de Plett. (50 km): Nicola Giliomee was placed 3rd in the Ladies and 2nd in the whole of SWD – Silver Medal, while Ben came 3rd overall and was the winning male in the SWD – Gold Medal. Jason Campbell came 26th and Alex Fulford 28th .
Wild Pig Enduro (50 km) event: Ben Giliomee came 5th Overall and 4th in the SWD, while Nicola Giliomee was the 5th Lady home and 2nd in the SWD – Silver Medal. In the 30 km event, Nina Orzechowski was the 2nd Lady and 1st Junior, while sister Gabi and Rosey Finn were in hot pursuit.
Jack Duthie played a huge amount of Golf over the break. Here is a quick summary of his achievements:
- 12th in the u16 SA Boys
- 8th in u19 National Order of Merit
- Won the u19 Oubaai Glacier and has qualified to play in the finals
- Won the u19 Peter Mostert Classic and will now play at Peacanwood in October
Rosie Finn our International Sailor is back with us and has just returned from the 420 World Champs in Croatia.