Life Sciences Teacher (Grade 8 -12)
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Have a passion for teaching and nurturing young men and women
- Be willing to initiate and teach interdisciplinary modules and be able to teach the Physical Sciences component of Natural Sciences (Grade 8-9)
- Have a progressive approach to teaching Life Sciences
- Show a willingness to contextualise Life Sciences in the real world, initiating and participating in field trip excursions
- Be innovative in the use of technology to enhance learning and teaching
- Be skilled at facilitating classes with a diversity of learning needs
- Have the ability to build healthy relationships with students and parents
- Possess well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Work collaboratively within the academic team
- Have good organisational and administrative skills
- Possess appropriate tertiary and professional qualification and current SACE accreditation
- Have a proven academic record and importantly also have appropriate experience teaching Life Science at IEB Matric level
- Involvement in the College mentoring and co-curricular programmes is a prerequisite
Please submit a CV with a covering letter by email to the Heads’ PA, Lyndall Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for applications is Friday, 13 August 2021.
- The starting date for this position is ideally 1 January 2022, or sooner if possible.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by 15 September 2021 your application can be considered unsuccessful.
- Oakhill reserves the right not to fill the above position.
Prospective employees are obliged to confirm (on an affidavit) that they have never been convicted of a sexual offence on a child or a mentally disabled person as well as provide a policy clearance certificate and consent to inspect your criminal records.
Oakhill School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
[ Download advert ]
- Applications must be addressed to The Head of School
- Oakhill School reserves the right not to fill advertised positions
- Prospective employees are obliged to confirm (on an affidavit) that they have never been convicted of a sexual offense against a child or mentally disabled person as well as provide a police clearance certificate and consent to inspect criminal records