On Saturday 5 November a new MTB event was launched at Pezula’s, Field of Dreams. The Knysna MTB Forest Relay is not your typical MTB race; it’s a 4 hour relay race, where teams of 2 riders complete laps around a 5km course through the forest. The team completing the most laps within this 4 hour period would be the winners. A handful of Oakhill racers and parents joined forces to compete in this exciting event.
- Jason Campbell and Ben Giliomee came 2nd in the category for Junior Boys, completing 16 laps.
- Nicola Giliomee and Brandon Willcocks won the Mixed Junior category, completing 17 laps.
- Brandon Willcocks also recorded the fastest lap for the day. He tore the course apart!
- Amy Williams and her Dad, Mike Williams, won the Mixed Open category, completing 12 laps.
- In the Open Men’s category Alex Fulford and his Dad, Ashley Fulford, were in 4th position, completing 16 laps and
- Dru Fosbrook and Riaan van Straten were in 5th position, completing 15 laps.
Congratulations to all the riders who participated and a special thank you to the parents who joined us on Saturday. There are still a number of adventure sport events scheduled for November and December and with Oakhill adventure racers in top form, we look forward to ending 2011 on a high, with more great results.
Reporter: Riaan van Straten