Oakhill hosted their 4th annual Golf Festival over the long weekend of the 7th – 10th August. Schools were invited from around the country and even as far afield as Zimbabwe. The following schools attended: Paarl Gimnasium (2 teams); Bridge House (3 teams); Reddam House (2 teams); St Johns – Zimbabwe (2 teams) and Oakhill.
Some amazing golf was played by the pupils and the staff thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to network and enjoyed one other’s company while playing on some of the most amazing golf courses the Garden Route has to offer – Goose Valley, Pezula and Kingswood.
There were trophies and medals for the top three positions in Team and Individual Medal and Stableford with the following results:
Team Stableford (3 scores to count)
- 3rd with 275 points Paarl Gimnasium 1
- 2nd with 294 points Oakhill 1
- 1st with 300 points Reddam 1
Team Medal (4 scores to count)
- 3rd with 1047 shots Bridge House 1
- 2nd Oakhill 1 with 1018 shots
- 1st with 1008 shots Paarl Gimnasium 1
- Kyle Solomon (95 points) – Oakhill 5th
- Brandon Bichard (97 points) – St Johns 3rd
- Jarred Wels (99 points) – Oakhill 2nd
- Daniel Benjamin (110 points) – Reddam House 1st
- Lawrence Wiid (245 shots) – Oakhill 4th
- Liam Millard (244 shots) – Bridge House 3rd
- Ashleigh Mills (244 shots) – Bridge House 2nd
- Kyle Solomon (228 shots) – Oakhill 1st
This was a magnificent festival that was thoroughly enjoyed by all and I have no doubt that it will grow significantly next year.
Photos by Michaela Vogt