There is great excitement building as water polo players from a wide range of schools from across South Africa prepare to visit Knysna and enjoy what it has to offer at the annual Prep and College Oakhill Waterfront Chukka Festival
The festival has seen significant growth since its inception five years ago and a total of over 700 participants have confirmed their participation this year. College students water polo matches kick off this weekend from Thursday, 11 February 2016 – Sunday, 14 February 2016 where seventeen schools will make up the 26 teams participating. It is followed by the Prep students next weekend Thursday, 18 February 2016 – Sunday, 21 February 2016 where sixteen schools will make up the 24 teams participating over the weekend.
The festivals continue to have a wide appeal and attract and expose hundreds of visitors to Knysna. The continued support from Knysna Waterfront and local businesses is overwhelming and together we are able to give the festival participants and spectators a truly magnificent ‘Knysna’ experience. These festivals have become an integral part of Oakhill School, not only to grow the game of water polo but to expose our beautiful town and everything it has to offer to the festival visitors.
Schools participating in the College Oakhill Waterfront Festival this year include: Alexander Road High, Bridge House, Camps Bay High School, Clarendon High School, Collegiate, DSG, Fishhoek High School, Graeme College, Grey High School, Herzlia High School, Kingswood College, Oakhill School, Parklands College, Pinelands High School, Rhenish Girls’ High School, Woodridge College and Wynberg Boys High School.
Oakhill College Waterfront Chukka Festival Itinerary
Thursday, 11 February 2016
Registration at Knysna Waterfront, Knysna from 14h00 to 17h00. Once registered, you can enjoy the start of the Festival matches.
- 15h00 – Matches commence as per fixtures
- 17h00 – Official opening in Knysna Waterfront by Oakhill Director of Sport, Dave Pryke
- 17h30 – Dinner at Dry Dock for the following participants – Alexander Road High School, Bridge House, Camps Bay High School, Clarendon High School, Collegiate, Herzlia High School, Wynberg Boys High School & Oakhill School
- 17h30 – Dinner at Cruise Cafe for the following participants – Fishhoek High School, Graeme College, Kingswood College and Parklands College
- 17h30 – Dinner at Freshline Fisheries for the following participants – DSG, Grey High School, Pinelands High School, Rhenish Girls High School and Woodridge College
- 19h00 – Managers meeting at Dry Dock held by Oakhill College Sports Director, Dave Pryke
Friday, 12 February 2016
07h30 to 17h35 – Water polo fixtures
- Breakfast will be provided at your accommodation and lunch is for your own account.
- Dinner – Team night out! Restaurant reservations to be made by yourselves and for own account.
Saturday, 13 February 2016
07h30 to 17h00 – Water polo fixtures
- Breakfast will be provided at your accommodation and lunch is for your own account
- Dinner – Frequent Falafel to serve dinner, award ceremony & social at Oakhill School for all participants at 18h15
Sunday, 14 February 2016
07h30 to 13h30 – Water polo fixtures
- Breakfast & lunch provided to all participants. Breakfast will be at your accommodation and lunches will be provided in the form of a packed lunch received at Knysna Waterfront
Please ensure you arrive promptly for all matches and dinners. The smooth running of the Festival is dependent on your co-operation in this regard.
Oakhill College Waterfront Chukka Festival Fixtures