Hundreds of pieces of art and photography that have been donated from well-known artists, aspiring novices and Oakhill students will be on display this Friday and Saturday at Oakhill’s MINIATURE ART EXHIBITION.
The exhibition will be hosted at the ground floor of the Oyster Walk apartments, beyond Steers and alongside the Pledge Park entrance. Viewing is open to all on Friday, 13 November from 10h00-17h00.
Art is only for sale during the cheese & wine function from 5pm on Saturday, 14 November. Limited tickets are available – so be sure to book yours.
Tickets for the event are available from Elna Brown at Reception or on the Friday at the venue.
- Tickets for adults: R50 (includes entry, wine, cheese & snacks)
- Tickets for Prep students: R30 (includes entry and a juice & snack)
Purchasing of the art will take place as follows:
- Art is on show on Friday if you would like to decide in advance which pieces you might want to purchase on Saturday, or you can simply view on Saturday evening before purchasing
- Each art piece will be sold for R100. All sales will be CASH or by cheque, no card facilities or accounts available
- The art pieces are all anonymous – you will only know which artist you have bought after the event
- To buy art you need to buy stickers at Ticket Sales which will be located at the entrance to the exhibition
- If you only want to buy one piece of art, you buy one sticker. Two pieces, two stickers etc.
- Your stickers will be allocated with a unique number and you will receive a receipt
- The first person to put their sticker on an art piece secures the sale. No other person can then purchase that piece
- All art pieces will remain in place until 7pm or arrangements can be made to rather collect on the Monday from school
- At 7pm, you will be able to collect your art with an Oakhill chaperone. Eight chaperones will be available at the venue and you will be able to ask any of them for help
- You will need to give the chaperone your receipt (with your unique number) to confirm the art piece belongs to you
Oakhill has been overwhelmed by the warm and positive response from the local arts fraternity to this initiative.
We look forward to your support on Saturday at this fun, art-filled event. Proceeds for the Oakhill Bursary Fund.
Please contact Elna Brown for tickets 044 382 6506 or for more details.
Preview of some of the art that will be on display: